Free School Meal Eligibility Checking Services
Babcock 4S offers a Free School Meals Eligibility Checking Service SLA, which streamlines the current Free School Meal checking procedure, saving you time and resources. This new SLA is a quick and more efficient alternative to the existing laborious process, where schools are always required to obtain supporting evidence proving eligibility to receive Free School Meals.
- Simple FSM application form for parents/carers to understand and complete
- No supporting evidence of benefits and tax rewards required – form more likely to be completed and returned
- For every successful eligible applicant the school receives Pupil Premium Funding (see https://www.gov.uk for current funding figures)
- No laborious checking of application forms – elimination of errors and confusion
- Faster and more efficient online checks
- The batch e-mail results provided by Babcock 4S are suitable for school audit purposes
- Termly checks ensure that the correct pupils continue to get FSMs and schools no longer have to re-check personal circumstances of parents/carers
- FSM entitlement is confirmed in real time and meals quickly provided.
- Schools with cashless systems can automatically upload the FSM daily allowance onto the system reducing pupil stigma
- Possible increased take-up of FSMs
- Confidentiality is preserved as the ECS is a secure Government website that does not provide any information other than “True” and therefore eligible or “False” which means the pupil may not be entitled to free meals
- The FSM ECS is currently over 90% accurate in assessing claimants as eligible or ineligible
- Saves schools time and resources