Middle Leadership Team Development Programme
Middle leaders play a key role in enabling senior leaders to distribute accountability throughout the school. This bespoke programme of professional learning and development is designed to strengthen your middle leadership team’s ability to secure whole school improvement.
- An opportunity to further develop the skills and knowledge of middle leadership
- A greater understanding of the role, responsibility and accountability of middle leadership
- An understanding of how to effectively manage people to bring about school improvement
- An opportunity to consider the importance of impact evaluation e.g. What difference has my leadership made to the outcomes for our pupils?
Key features of the service
The six two-hour sessions are run as a mixture of twilights and class-based activities in your school. Each session is highly effective at stimulating leadership thinking and developing leadership capacity. The activities will support and challenge participants to ensure the best possible outcomes for children. The six sessions comprise:
Being a Leader
- What makes an effective leader?
- Evaluating the middle leaders role
Building and leading a team
- What makes a great team? How do we build relationships to ensure a shared vision?
- Quality First Teaching – engaging in effective learning walks, securing and acting on evidence and managing difficult conversations
- Developing the skills of lesson observation, identifying strengths and areas for development and providing constructive feedback to secure improvements
Dealing with data
- Exploring how to use and present data to support teachers to raise standards
Middle leaders’ contribution to whole school improvement
- Contributing to school self-evaluation, preparing and engaging with the Ofsted process and personal action planning
Contact School Improvement Team
Tel: 0800 073 4444 Ext. 834370Click to email School Improvement Team